Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Couple "Firsts" This Weekend

On Saturday morning Sully and I walked to Starbucks.  I am more motivated to walk if there is a destination.  So that was cold but nice and it was our first time walking there by ourselves.

Then this afternoon I was feeding Sullivan and then he pooped...the poop came out of his pants on to my pants and I also got a good handful when I reached down to trap all that I could.  It was hilarious.  By the way, I am having a tough time getting the breast milk poop stains out of his clothes, and now my clothes too.  Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

And lastly, I was holding Sully this afternoon and Arty was getting ready to run to the grocery store to pick up a couple ingredients to finish dinner and he looked at me and said he wanted to take Sully to the grocery store with him while I took a bath at home.  Wow!  What sweet words to my ears.  So I took that bath and painted my toenails all before my two boys got back.  It was my first time alone without the boys and it was Arty's first time out with Sully alone.  I love that man.  He made a really delicious meal and then he made molasses cookies!!  I am thankful and blessed.

I had a very good weekend.  I hope you did too!

~Megan

7 comments:

  1. What a good guy to let you take a bath!! My toes are in desperate need of some polish hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I do have a suggestion for the poop stains. It is Fels Naptha Brown Soap. It is a bar wrapped in white and red paper in the laundry section. If you have an Ace Hardware store they will have it. They used to have it in all stores. This is a tip I learned from my mother in law. You just rinse off the excess poop, and while the fabric is still wet, you rub that bar all over the stain, inside and out and rinse and then put it in the laundry. Wash along with other clothes. (it is not abrasive) It is also good with spit up stains. It just breaks up the proteins. Let me know how it works. It only costs a couple of bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip Tamarino! I now remember that bar of soap and it does work great. I'm glad you had such a good weekend. Congrats Packers. Someone at our house was going for Pittsburgh. Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... what a funny (yet probably not so fun to deal with) story about poop on the clothes. I can't wait till WE can go on walks to Starbucks together in March! Hopefully Sully will want to also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS... I am posting my 7 things about me tomorrow. Except I only awarded it to one other person... lol! Bad Kaysie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't need anything to get breast milk poo stains out of clothes except for the sun! We use cloth diapers and that's how I get out stains and I have none after a day of being in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my youngest daughter had TERRIBLE acid reflux until she was 13 mths old. I used to put the washing machine on soak with some laundry detergent and BIZ, and add our clothes and burp cloths to the washing machine as we went through the day. I still soak all of my daughters clothes in BIZ now because they are messy eaters :)

    ReplyDelete