Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baking and Bath-time



I have been wanting to use my Crate and Barrel cookie press since I got it as a wedding gift over a year ago and today I finally whipped it out and baked these Spritz Cookies.  I got this recipe from Betty Crocker.  I do think I will make them in different colors and add sprinkles to make them more festive but this was just practice.  Here is the recipe:
1cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2cup sugar
1egg
2 1/2cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/4teaspoon salt
1/4teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
Few drops of food color, if desired

  1. Heat oven to 400ยบ. Beat butter, sugar and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.
  2. Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
They are so tasty :)

These were taken during bath-time yesterday. Sully is so adorable!

I am totally obsessed with his tiny hands and feet...especially when he's eating.  


Hope everyone had a great day!

~Megan

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhh he is so cute I can't get over it! I love all of his expressions! Being a mama seems to be treating you well =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading this!!! now i'm a follower! :) 21st century: i have arrived! LOL i may try that cookie recipe...i have some almond extract! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally...blogging is fun! Much better than facebook and you can turn your blog into a book that can be printed for memories :)

    ReplyDelete